Once people know they want a tattoo, they are faced with one of the more difficult challenges: Where to get the tattoo put on their body. Once it is there it is there for good, so it’s important to be sure right from the start about where the perfect location may be. The good news is there are a few strategies you can use to help you decide the perfect tattoo location!
HERE ARE 5 TIPS FOR CHOOSING WHERE TO PUT YOUR TATTOO:
1. Cut it out. A good way to get an idea of tattoo placement is to take a printed version of the image you want and try moving it around on your body. Roll up some tape on the back of the paper and try sticking it in several places you may be considering. See how you like the placement in each of these areas.
2. Consider your job. Increasingly, the stigmas regarding tattoos are being shattered. But there are still some places that frown upon them. If you have a job with a company that may not think kindly of them, or you don’t want it to become an issue in the future, consider a placement where you can easily cover it up with clothing.
3. Look at others. Pay attention to where other people have their tattoos. See if you can find a design that is along the same lines and if you like their placement. That’s a good reference point to start with.
4. Ponder the pain. People have different tolerance levels for pain. If you don’t have a high tolerance for pain you may want to consider getting your tattoo in less painful areas, such as the butt, shoulder, or thigh.
5. Determine the look. Since you are getting a tattoo there is a good chance you have a specific look in mind. Be sure to take that into consideration, even if you are also thinking about the other tips above. In the end, you want the tattoo to be a part of the overall personalized look you are creating.
If, after you consider these five tips, you are still stumped on where to get your tattoo then take a poll. Ask your friends and family to weigh in on where they think an ideal placement for it would be. While you may not go with the popular opinion, it may help you focus on your own a little more!