1. If you’re good at drawing, it doesn’t mean you’ll be good at tattooing!
2. Becoming a tattoo artist doesn’t mean you’ll become rich; at the beginning of your career, you’ll probably work for free!
3. You don’t have to go to a tattoo school to become a tattoo artist!
4. Prepare to invest heavily into a tattoo machine and tattoo equipment!
5. No one can guarantee you success in the industry; you may or may not become successful and have a profitable business!
6. Don’t expect your every tattoo to be perfect; there will be times when you mess up, badly!
7. You’ll have to learn to say NO to customers’ bad tattoo design ideas!
8. You’ll have to learn to be extremely focused on tattooing only, for hours!
9. Expect to start having back issues, pain in the arms, and neck after only a few years of tattooing!
10. Becoming a tattoo artist will take a lot of hard work, and we’re talking about years of dedication and commitment!